Thursday, January 26 to Saturday, January 28, 2012
- To bid on a live or silent auction item, please use your bid number, which you receive at the registration table.
- The silent auction begins promptly Thursday, January 26, 2012 at 11 a.m and closes Saturday, January 28, 2012 at 2 p.m. Successful bidders will be certified by an auction official that constitutes the winning bid. Closing of lots the auction will be signaled by an auction official with 10- and 5-minute warnings prior to each closing.
- The live auction begins Saturday, January 28, 2012 at 7:30 p.m.
- To bid on a silent auction item, write your bid number and amount of your bid on the bid sheet next to the item.
- Please note starting and incremental bids on each sheet and bid accordingly.
- You have an opportunity to be the guaranteed successful bidder by signing on the Buy-it-Now line at the bottom of the bid sheet for the stated fixed price.
- Successful bids are recorded at the Winning Bid Notification Area by bid number and artist name.
- Live auction successful bidders sign a confirmation slip stating the winning price at the close of bidding.
- Payment by the successful bidder may be made at any time during the evening after the closing of each lot. Early payment is encouraged to avoid waiting at checkout.
- All sales are final. There are no exchanges or refunds.
- Payment may be made by cash, check or credit card (MasterCard or Visa). Make checks payable to: Arizona State University.
- After paying for the artwork, successful bidders can pick up their artwork from the designated area. Upon taking possession of artworks, purchaser accepts sole responsibility for their pieces. Purchaser must pick up artworks on Saturday, January 28, 2012 no later than 12 a.m. or Sunday, January 29, 2012 from noon–4 p.m. Auction assistants are available to help successful bidders pick up their pieces and assistance is available for handling large and heavy pieces.
- Complimentary carry-home packaging is available in the designated area.
- Shipping is available from the Art Handlers Art Solutions (AHAS). Attendees contract independently with Art Solutions to pack and ship their pieces.
- All artworks are sold “as is” and Arizona State University, and the ASU Art Museum, make no warranty or representation of any kind or nature with respect to the property, and in no event shall either of them be responsible for the correctness, nor be deemed to have made any representation or warranty of merchantability, description, genuineness, attribution, provenance or condition of the property and no statement in the catalog or made at the sale or in the bill of sale or invoice or elsewhere shall be deemed such a warranty or representation or an assumption of liability.
- Funds raised by the ASU Art Museum Ceramics Research Center Ceram A Rama Yaki auction will be deposited with Arizona State University.
- The ASU Art Museum reserves the right to add or withdraw works from this auction for any reason it deems appropriate.
How absentee bidding will work for the CRC Gala
There are two methods for people wanting to make absentee bids for the live and silent auctions:
- Local bidders may come in person prior to the auctions to view the works and to complete an absentee bid form. The completed absentee bid forms must be delivered in person to the reception desk at the Ceramics Research Center or mailed/faxed using the information below. Absentee bid forms must be received by whatever method no later than Saturday, January 28, 2012 at 5 p.m. to be considered valid.
- Remote bidders may view the works online, complete the downloadable absentee bid form, then mail or fax the form to the above address or fax number. Bids must be received by whatever method no later than Saturday, January 28, 2012 at 5 p.m. to be considered valid. No secure information such as credit card numbers are transacted over the website or through email.
How to submit an absentee bid:
- Decide the maximum you are willing to pay and complete the absentee bid form.
- Submit your completed form using either method above.
- With your authorization, the ASU Art Museum will confidentially bid for you up to your maximum bid. You won't have to keep an eye on your auction as it unfolds. Be assured that we will only use as much of your maximum bid as is necessary to maintain your position as high bidder.
- If other bids exceed your maximum bid, you will not receive the item.
- If you are the successful bidder, the ASU Art Museum will charge the bid price to the credit card account designated on your absentee bid form.
- All accounting and handling of funds are processed using the same procedures established for successful bidders attending the auction.
Fax | 480.965.5254
Pick-up or delivery of artwork
The highest bidders must take possession or arrange to have their items picked up for shipping by February 6, 2012. If you are unable to attend the closing evening, you must make arrangements for packing and shipping the purchased works. You may pick your own shipper or you may elect to contact Art Handlers Art Solutions (AHAS), phone: 480.945.2511 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Regardless of whom you select, the arrangement is between the shipper and you. The ASU Art Museum Ceramics Research Center bears no responsibility for shipping and handling. The shipper will bill you directly.